We are reader-supported & may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, when you buy through links on this site. This helps us to provide you with free and helpful content. The content of this site is informational only & is no substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of a doctor before using any of the information/products mentioned on this site.
Table of Contents
Running For Weight Loss
There are a lot of things that you can do to lose weight and get fit. The best route you can take: you will want to combine both diet and exercise but more specifically you can start a running regimen for weight loss.
But, you can ‘t just go out and start running weight loss if you are out of shape. You will want to start slowly and follow some simple tips to get the most out of all your diet and exercise goals.
And, don’t forget, that you need to remember that whatever changes you make you will want to continue to make them from here on. This isn’t a temporary thing, and it shouldn’t be thought about in that way.
If you don’t make all you eating and exercise changes a permanent part of your life, you will eventually gain all your weight back.
So, here are some tips on what you can do to help use running to lose weight
1. First of all, you must have a long conversation with your doctor before you start any type of exercise program. It’s crucial that you work together with your doctor so he can monitor your health. Getting in shape is beneficial for you, but if you are out of shape you have to be a little more cautios when you first get started.
2. Next, find some comfortable shoes. This is important since your feet will take a lot of pounding when you run. You shouldn’t try to cheap out here either. There is genuine technology that goes into many of these shoes but it may come with a price. Still, though, if it keeps your knees, feet and ankles in better shape it will be worth it.
3. Remember that with all your exercise programs, running or not, you will need to change the intensity. If you keep running at the same pace constantly, your body will eventually get used to that level of intensity. It is important to ramp up the intensity every now and then.
So, instead of running the same route at the same speed change it up. Change your route every now and then and change your speed.
You can actually change your speed during your run, you don’t have to run at a certain pace for one week and then the next week run at a different pace. Instead, try to run at varying velocity during each run to maximize your results.
4. Stay hydrated during and after your run. If you are running for more than 20 minutes you should take some water with you. Of course, make sure you only run in safe places. Don’t run too close to traffic (the exhaust fumes aren’t good for you either) run only in populated well lit areas, etc. common sense. If you dont like the flavor of water you still should abstain from sodas (even the ones labeled as sugar free) and store-bought juices and rather blend your own healthy smoothies to assist you in your weight loss efforts and to detox your body!
5. Another thing you can do is to run hilly courses. This can be another way to change up your workouts. So, just find some hilly areas and add that to your regular running course.
>> UGLY Plant [Featured On Dr. Oz] Made This Mother Lose A Jaw-Dropping 59 Pounds. Click HERE To See Her Testimony <<
So, if you are about to use running for weight loss, follow these tips. Just make sure to talk to your doctor first to make sure you are healthy enough to run. If you are not sure if you can handle a running regimen for weight loss now, start a walking regimen for weight loss. Any activity is better than no activity when it comes to health, fitness and weight loss.
Continue to read: Cant Lose Weight? Plan Your Weight Loss Goals For The New Year!
Dear Reader, have you enjoyed reading this article? Since 2020, we dedicate ourselves to help people all over the world to achieve their weight loss goals. Over the course of these years many of our readers have contacted us to tells us about their weight loss progress. This is what keeps us going. If you found this article useful, please consider sharing it.
Thank you – Your WLJ-Team